Good heater for a 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

niks93gt

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought the standard heater from superpetz for my 10g and it never worked right. It would come on and off at random times and now my tank is at 90 degrees... thank goodness the fish are still alive. Whats a good brand of heater that will actually keep the tank at a stable temp?

Nik

The 50w Stealth is what I have in my 10 gallon and the height fits perfect even with 2 1/2 inches of substrate. I have it hidden next to the intake on my filter.
Dr's F&S have them also.

Petsmart had one... picked it up... now I'm just letting the tank cool off. I'm suprised the 90 degree temp didn't affect the otos or puffers but they all seem fine.

Nik

They are great heaters. I have a 75w on my 10gallon and a 150w on my 20gallon. Both I have completely submerged about an inch off the substrate. All you can see is the cord snaking up the back. It's completely invisible in my planted tank. I feel this gives more even heating of the tank as well since your covering much more bottom space (having it vertical doesn't really do much since the warmer water will rise anyway, so horizontal is actually better for more even temperature IMO). This point is moot if you have good circulation.

Back
Top Bottom