Good plant light.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EthanBeltramo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a mildly planted 36 gallon tank with gravel, and fertilized with liquid nutrient. I plan on getting root tabs soon. I want to get more plants, all of which require medium light. My tank has an aqueon full spectrum t8 florescent bulb. I am going to get a better one, and am wondering if the aqueon floramax t8 17 watt florescent bulb is any good. I want something able to supply medium light plants. Please leave some recommendations.Thanks! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423626668.349032.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423626709.793597.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Oops, I forgot about the plants section. Sorry for posting here

You will need a better fixture for your plans. The bulb K rating itself will not do you a whole lot of good as it still supplies the same amount of light.

I have no comment on the lights, but before you buy root tabs you should look up Mebbid's guide to DIY. $15 got me 1000 of the DIY vs. like $40 for Flourish root tabs. And the ones Mebbid gives instructions for have done a much better job. My plants were surviving with the Flourish tabs, now they are starting to thrive. Actually showing reds, growing, standing up straight.

Try Finnex Planted Plus+. Much cheaper on Amazon than quite a few brands and very high quality. Couldn't be more happy with it.

I got my 48 inch for $160. Go look at brands like MarineLand and you would pay $400 for the same size light.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick is fixed!
~75g new community tank.

Try Finnex Planted Plus+. Much cheaper on Amazon than quite a few brands and very high quality. Couldn't be more happy with it.

I got my 48 inch for $160. Go look at brands like MarineLand and you would pay $400 for the same size light.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick is fixed!
~75g new community tank.

Well the one I mentioned is pretty cheap. I don't want to spend much on a light. I was told that for carpeting plants I have to have at least medium lighting. I also love many plants, but I was advised they need higher lighting.

I have no comment on the lights, but before you buy root tabs you should look up Mebbid's guide to DIY. $15 got me 1000 of the DIY vs. like $40 for Flourish root tabs. And the ones Mebbid gives instructions for have done a much better job. My plants were surviving with the Flourish tabs, now they are starting to thrive. Actually showing reds, growing, standing up straight.

Can you give a link?

Well the one I mentioned is pretty cheap. I don't want to spend much on a light. I was told that for carpeting plants I have to have at least medium lighting. I also love many plants, but I was advised they need higher lighting.

About the best medium light carpeting plant is Staurogyne Repens. I agree with a finnex fixture. They are quite affordable compared to other LED models.

In my tank I have

Anubias

Amazon sword

Anacharis

Money wart I think

Onion bulb

Aponogeton

Asian water fern

Moss ball

The only thing that doesn't seam to like my light is the moss ball. I actually have algae in my tank

Back
Top Bottom