Good Price?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KonvictKeeper said:
Oh sorry :p I guess its not too much of a deal... I could get one brand new for about $205 at a LFS.

Hmmm, I here a lot of people talking about Craig's list? Cregs list? Jack sparrows list?

Somethin like that anyways lol, maybe try there? A lot of rich beginners sell nice set ups for cheap after they fail the first time :)

I would say it's a good price but if you wait their are probably going to be better on craigslist!

That's definitely not a good deal. I'd wait. We had some places in town that were without electricity for several days last winter... a few weeks later, there were some killer deals on tanks on CL.

Oh, another great option is Goodwill or Salvation Army. Call around to shops near you and leave your number. I've gotten and seen great deals.

I also would try driving around to yard sales or around restaurant districts. My friend found a free 125g in front of an international store.

You could try offering the person advertising it on Craig's list less than what they're asking. What's the worst that could happen, they might say no but they might take your offer! IMO that is a little high for a 90 gal with a home made stand. I bought one of my 55 gal 's at a yard sale with a wrought iron stand for $25! Nothing was wrong with it except it was pretty dirty and didn't have lids or a hood. They wanted $50 but I offered them $25 and they took it!! Good Luck! :)

Hahaha low ball em!! But seriously, just wait because there are much better deals els where

I use a app on my nexus called craigspost. It looks for keywords like "fishtank" on your local Craigslist and notifies you when it matches what your looking for. Super helpful

That's definitely not a good deal. I'd wait. We had some places in town that were without electricity for several days last winter... a few weeks later, there were some killer deals on tanks on CL.

Agreed... "meh" at best IMO.

Also... I don't think it's a 90, I think it's a 75. The footprint is the same on both tanks, but the 90 is 24" tall. Given that both tanks are 48" long, the 90 should be half as tall as it is long. If you look closely at the pic, it doesn't appear that this is the case for the supposed 90. JMHO... keep looking. HN1 and I paid less than that for a 5' 120 with stand. ;)

*edited to add*
The homemade stand on wheels sounds like a VERY bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom