good setup for a 55 non planted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldshell4481

Aquarium Advice Activist
anyone got any ideas for stocking more fish in a 55??? i have 3 convicts, 2 rosy barbs and a pleco. im gonna be giving away all the baby cons and am hoping the LFS will take some.

If u got rid of the convicts in a 55 their are lots of opinions, i would persoannly if you are going to have a community tank setup as a starter get 4 Yo-Yo Loaches they are a relatively small loach and get along well in a community for the most part. Also you could try getting some Bosenia Ranbows a stirkingly beautiful community fish.

JMHO

yeah the cons are OK and all, i got them free so it was a good deal, but they are bland. i want a colorful tank, and all the pretty cichlids get way too big. community fish are really pretty, i just like how convicts interact.

I like FF's suggestion, you can also check out aquabid for SA dwarfs. Blue rams are easy to find, Bolivian rams are harder to find but hardier than the blues. There are a lot of really beautiful apistogramma as well. As long as you get rid of the cons of course, they would really tear up any dwarf cichlids. :roll:

yeah we had a little problem territorally with my cons. they are bad little fish. my barbs are quick enough to stay away. the bolivians are very pretty, and i liked the apistogramma. i might try it. i was also checking out my friends tetras and they are pretty little fish, but they dont seem very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom