Good stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So this is probably the 3 or 4th stock thread I've posted and I'm sorry lol. But after some revision on my stock for my 55 gallon tank this is what I have ended up with!

1 rainbow shark
3 bristle nose pleco
1 peacock eel
2 German blue ram cichlid
2 leopard ctenopama

If anyone has any suggestions on whether I should remove and replace some fish with another fish then I'm open to suggestions. If I change it at all and have any other questions I promise I will post In this thread! Lol :D

So this is probably the 3 or 4th stock thread I've posted and I'm sorry lol. But after some revision on my stock for my 55 gallon tank this is what I have ended up with!

1 rainbow shark
3 bristle nose pleco
1 peacock eel
2 German blue ram cichlid
2 leopard ctenopama

If anyone has any suggestions on whether I should remove and replace some fish with another fish then I'm open to suggestions. If I change it at all and have any other questions I promise I will post In this thread! Lol :D

I would remove one leopard ctenopoma and one pleco. The pleco has a large bio load and IMO two are plenty for algae. And the ctenopoma may get aggressive. I would add a school of tetras or rainbows though. I think black skirt tetras would do well with your stock.

Also add the gbr last.

I would remove one leopard ctenopoma and one pleco. The pleco has a large bio load and IMO two are plenty for algae. And the ctenopoma may get aggressive. I would add a school of tetras or rainbows though. I think black skirt tetras would do well with your stock.

Also add the gbr last.

Ok, what if I replaced the GBRs with Kribensis? And good to hear! I wanted Angels and or black skirt tetras!!

sorry I was talking about the rams and the kribs. You could add an angel if you didn't have the rainbow shark tough.

Oh it's cool! I think kribs and rams are great! I'd rather have them than an angel! Especially with a rainbow shark!

The pleco has a large bio load and IMO two are plenty for algae.

I would actually say one is plenty for algae. We have one young BN in our 55g with high lighting and he keeps it extremely clean.

Back
Top Bottom