Good tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QueenKiara

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is this a good tank for a Sparkling Gourami and 5 Ghost Shrimp? It's a 5.5G.

I just realized I forgot to attach the picture, hah..
It's cycling right now. The reason I was asking is because of the decorations. Will the Gourami have enough room with all the plants, and does it look okay for the shrimp?

Attachments

• image-3953182245.jpg
    image-3953182245.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 69
I just realized I forgot to attach the picture, hah..
It's cycling right now. The reason I was asking is because of the decorations. Will the Gourami have enough room with all the plants, and does it look okay for the shrimp?

With the shrimp will be fine. I would get a ten gallon if you can but for the time being threshold be enough room. Nice tank by the way.

This is it after I put a few live plants in there. It has the filter it came with, and a Fluval Aquaclear 30. I want to make sure the fish and shrimp are going to be happy in this tank before I get them.

Again, forgot picture. And, does that mean I shouldn't get the Gourami? Because I have no way of getting a 10G anytime soon.

Attachments

• image-1747096151.jpg
    image-1747096151.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 69
This is it after I put a few live plants in there. It has the filter it came with, and a Fluval Aquaclear 30. I want to make sure the fish and shrimp are going to be happy in this tank before I get them.

The shrimp with the tank size will be fine with the fish I'm not sure, I've never kept it before. The recommended tank size is ten gallons for the fish. IMO I think it's worth a try in the 5 gallon. As long as you keep water conditions good it should be fine.

Great! :) I'll definitely keep an eye on the water conditions. They're pretty small fish, and I don't think they're particularly active, so I think he should be fine with space-wise?

Great! :) I'll definitely keep an eye on the water conditions. They're pretty small fish, and I don't think they're particularly active, so I think he should be fine with space-wise?

Yea they only get an inch to inch and half so I'm thinking it will be fine alone of course

Great! I wanted to make sure beforehand, because I don't want him to be sad or sick because he doesn't have a big enough tank. I'll stick to that plan then. :) Thanks so much!

As long as you keep only one and keep up on water changes you will be fine with that size IMO.

Definitely only one. They're fine being alone right? He won't get lonely?

Sparkling gourami are slow swimming fish, they aren't to active. You could even do a small school or CPDs or Pygmy cory cats. 1 gourami, 4 Pygmy cories, 3 shrimp.

Sparkling gourami are slow swimming fish, they aren't to active. You could even do a small school or CPDs or Pygmy cory cats. 1 gourami, 4 Pygmy cories, 3 shrimp.

Thanks for the suggestion! I think I would do that, but I have 4(soon to be 6) cories in my 20G, and they absolutely love all of the room they have. They're up and down and all around the tank every second of the day. Even though those guys are smaller than my cories, I don't think I could put them in such a small tank. :) I'd prefer the slower, more relaxed guys for that tank. Great suggestion, though, cories are so fun to watch!

Back
Top Bottom