goodbye betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medge00

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, my betta Nomen (short for nomenclature) passed quietly in the night. I tested the water, no ammonia, no nitrite. I don't think anything funky got in the water... I suppose it was just his time. He hadn't been as frisky the last few days, so I thought something was up. Poor poor Nomen. :( My room just isn't the same without him.

I'm sorry medge. :cry: As a fellow betta lover, I know it's terrible when one of our guys can't make it through. But, I'm sure you gave him a wonderful home, and good, happy times while he was here. Take care.

Sorry about Nomen, Medge. That is so sad, especially with an individual fish like a betta, because we get so attached. I am sure there is another betta in a cup just waiting to be rescued, when you are ready.

I'm almost afraid to look for another, they all look so sad, I'd want to take them all home.... kinda like puppies

My Dawson passed last week. He was pretty old for a Betta. I am having a hard time deciding whether or not to get another

How sad. After a while a hopeless case will say "tak MEeee". If you choose a different color it makes it feel less "disloyal" :wink:

Least yours are lucky Medge..you are the one the members with a ton of planted tanks right?

My new betta, Strawbery Herbert, loves swishing around the meager planted 40 gallon I have.
And he threw his cup at my feet when I had sworn to never get another betta, specially retail. How could I say no? 8)

I was crushed when I lost my real Christmasfish, Blackbeard the betta.
His sad demise insured I will never ever permanently house my bettas in small unheated tanks again! It was against all I had been trained to learn about them when helping my fishkeeping grandfather care for his self caught/imported labyrinths. I had thought something new had been learned about them in the past 30 years. No, just retail hype. Hence my siggy. Especally a pet store betta..they are already a minimum of 8 months old before they arrive at he store. Big ones are usually closer to 8 TEEN months. And they have already sufferened mightly which saps their life span total. I wish I could save them all. We already have over 20 betta splendens here..no more space for another 10 gallon. Plus, Ii want to breed wild bettas and gourami

yeah, he was in a heavily planted tank, he loved to swim between the leaves... his favorite game was picking up the snails that came with the plants and swimming around the tank in a circle as fast as he could. He would never do it when I was in bed and thus further from the tank, only when I worked on my computer or sat at my desk...

I've had tanks on and off over the years and I just bought my first betta... don't know why I never had one before. They are so sweet. I found him alseep (??!!) between the glass and one of the furry plants this morning, like he had been tucked in for the night. Guess I should name him... maybe Bob... :lol:

Medge, I'm so sorry. I know how attached we get to our bettas. They are so full of personality, and they do seem to like the colors on the computer screen; at least mine does. My bettas that I have now are on the kitchen counter and they keep me company as I work on the computer. I don't know how I would get along without them. The previous bettas that I had were unique too. I still miss them very much. When I got my new ones, the ones I have now, I did find that getting a different color from the previous ones made me feel not so "guilty". Medge, don't worry about when you will be ready for another betta. The right one will steal your heart, even though you still miss Nomen. When my previous two bettas died, I waited for almost a month before I got two more.

Back
Top Bottom