Goodbye, Eli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An t-iasg

Aquarium Advice Addict
My betta Eli died yesterday. :cry:

He had been bloated for about a month. Although he ate well, and was happy and active, about a week ago I knew it was only a matter of time before he went to the big pond in the sky. Yesterday I came home to find him wedged under the CO2 airstone.

On Monday he ate well, swam around, was active, and came up to my finger as always :) so he must have gone quickly and peacefully. :angel:

Here is a little video:

Sorry for you loss. How long did you have him?

OH Deb, I'm so sorry! He obviously had a happy, quality life with you. A very cute video :)

By the way, was that moss in the video in the suction cup tray on the side? What a neat idea!

We are so sorry. Eli was a perfect fish. He was clearly loved and had a wonderful life. and I think that you shold buy another betta and take good care of it. My seven-year-old niece added that last sentence, and I agree. Eli had a wonderful little home, and you gave him so much. We are so sorry to see that he has passed away.

good,bye!!!!!!!!

Thanks, everyone. Your kind words help a lot.

I had him for a year and 8 months. The other betta that I bought at the same time as Eli is still strong and healthy.

Eli was bloated, and I've had enough bettas to know that it was only a matter of time. :( A betta I had a few years ago was bloated, and I took him out of the tank and medicated him. It didn't help, so I put him back in the tank. He lived, still very bloated, for 10 days without showing any signs of stress. So for Eli, since his behavior didn't change a bit - he was still quite active, and eating - I decided to leave him in his familiar surroundings. I knew he wasn't going to get better but it was still a shock to find him yesterday.

Yes, that is Taiwan moss in the moss bed. It's a plastic soap dish from Target (new and never used as a soap dish!) Eli loved it and I'm glad I got a picture of him in it:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14405&d=1216846837

I am so sorry for your loss. I know Eli had a great home with you and I know how much you will miss him. He couldn't have had a better home than with you Deb.

Thank you, Anne :) that's nice of you to say! I've had about 10 bettas and I do get very attached. After all these years it doesn't get easier when they die but all your nice posts help!

It really does stink when they go ! I agree with you .... you never do get used to it.

I love the idea of the video ! that's great. And I broke into a smile when I saw his soap dish & moss bed. He was well loved. I'm sure he's bragging to all the other fishes about how GREAT his "mom" is and what great care she gave him.

Thanks, Joann - oh, you're making me tear up! :)

Saffikeagan, I'm glad I took this video too! My old camera didn't have a video mode but my new one does and I've made good use of it!

Back
Top Bottom