GORGEOUS Blue Beauty!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cdfortin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone identify this fish? It appeared on a pic and is in a planted community aquarium. Thanks!

gal0222483415628.jpg

I assume you meant that it appears to be "on" Garden Web-yes, I know, I posted it there.

Yes, it's a very nice fish.

If you see an image that doesn't show up (like garden web) just visit thier site and it will show up after that.

No-wouldn't be that. This is a croped pic from a community planted aquarium. I don't thank the owner would put a jack dmpsey with rainbowfish and gourami. Any other ideas?

Definitely an Electric Blue Dempsey. Pretty fragile fish. I had a couple and they never bothered anything in the tank (plants or other fish). I had a very tough time keeping them alive so I decided to stay away from them.

You're right!

You all are right! I did some research and found out that since they're less aggressive than normal dempseys, they can usually be kept in a community aquarium. Where can you buy them?

Sorry I have no idea where you can get one. I saw them at a LFS here in the SF Bay Area. At least you know what you are looking for now and that should help. Good Luck!

I have a 7" elecrtic blue JD, that I bought for $35 at 1". He's quite the beauty! They don't really keep that powder blue appearance when larger, but still gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom