Goruami swimming in current of spray bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wenty

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a new goruami that swims up and down the back of my tank along the glass in the current from the spray bar. The spray bar is blowing against the glass to cut down on the water current in the rest of the tank.

Is this a normal thing for fish to enjoy ???? :-?

Some fish like the current. I have baby guppies that like to swim head on into the outflow of my HOB filter. As long as he looks healthy, I wouldn't worry about it.

Some fish like the current. I have baby guppies that like to swim head on into the outflow of my HOB filter. As long as he looks healthy, I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah. He's a big boy I just picked up at the LFS yesterday and now he has the smaller one doing it too.

It's all good.

Thanks. :D

swimming up and down the side of the glass is usually a sign of stress...especially in the new fish. did you properly acclimate it? does the fish eat?

swimming up and down the side of the glass is usually a sign of stress...especially in the new fish. did you properly acclimate it? does the fish eat?

They eat like pigs and they only do it in the spray bar current on the inside. Also it's not a all the time thing.

Back
Top Bottom