Got A new HOB Filter, need help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgarMedina1010

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought a new HOB Filter (Tetra Whisper 20), I mostly got it to help my 10 gal. tank, because I felt that my other filter wasnt really helping(since I have quite a few fish in there)...The old filter has been running since June of 2006. So heres the question how do I make the "old switch-eroo" without going thru a mini-cycle? or without having to cycle the tank all over? Now I do have a Foam Cartridge...Do I just put that as the filter cartridge in the new filter?

You can do that, if possible run both filters on the tank for 2-3 weeks and then you will not have any cycle at all.

I just started up another tank and had placed my AC on my other tank for a few weeks and then made the switch to the new tank. I didn't have a cycle at all. Good luck to you.

In my experience you will be fine to just replace the whole unit,tossing the old and putting on the new.

No harm in swapping media,or running em both as suggested though.

SCFatz said:
In my experience you will be fine to just replace the whole unit,tossing the old and putting on the new.

No harm in swapping media,or running em both as suggested though.
ok, thanks, ill just swap the media just in case...

Back
Top Bottom