GOT IT! 5.5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those plants would be fine, I believe. The plants are not that important to the cycling process, you just need a good bit of them to keep the nutrients in check

You might want to do fishles cycling, but then you need a place for that goldfish.

What fish do you want in there eventually? in a 5.5 you'll need little guys anyway.

the gold fish has a home elsewhere, whenever i want rid of him
ill probably have tetras, and a sailfin pleco, and then just keep trading him in for another one, that is smaller

replace the sailfin with an otto; you'll never have to trade the otto in.

my 5.5 has only a german blue ram, an otto and 4 ghost shrimp. the ram has tons of personallity and is always doing something interesting, and the shrimp are usually fun to look at as well. the otto i don't see to much of, but he shows up often enough for me to guarnatee his being alive.

i love ghost shrimp, so i will have a couple of them. What is the full name of an otto? or is it just that. Ive got my plans for the hood, so I should have it built Sat. Im just really worried about the evaporation problems I may have.

What are those red and whitish plants, my mom saw one, and to make her happy i really want to get one.. Would it be ok next to a filter. I dont know anything about it, it is very cool though. Here is a scheme of the plants I want in the tank, eventually, please warn me of any plants that would make this a problem.

EEK! I just tested my pH and its 6.0 what do I do,

Ammonia 0
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0

pH 6.0!!!

Any ideas why its this low and how can I bring it up safely?

Good news, the pH is up a bit after I did a 50% water change, I am going to get a pH buffer today I hope.

Thanks a lot, I still want to get some of that Mopani you were talking about, I can start working there in 4 weeks, i will have them order it then.

Back
Top Bottom