Got my scarlet badis pair today :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scott28 said:
I have a 98 litre tank (nice to see people talk in litres, means I don't have to convert lol)

I've literally just added a bogwood in and some moss balls. I've looked danios before but don't know much about them. Would dwarf gourami be okay with scarlet badis?
i want some of those moss balls but dont think they have them here in western australia. Ive never had them just read that they can be kept with the badis and and they are so pretty well i think so. Dwarf gouramis im not sure about id think probably not though ill research it somemore. liqourish gourami and i think the pygmy gourami would be fine with them or the honey gourami. oh one of my little badis just died im so sad i dont have a clue whats happened it had no wounds that i could see and the other one is still fine feeding and active along with all the other fish and shrimp :(

Have you had a look online? I'm really lucky in the fact I have around 6 lfs within 10miles.. I'm sure you could get an online seller to post them to you if not? Well worth getting, shrimp go crazy over them! I've been debating getting a shrimp tank with moss balls :)

Sorry to hear about your fish, did you get it from lfs or mail order? Perhaps stress?

ive looked but they have really strict quarantine here and they wont let me import plants to here. i love shrimp :) maybe turn this one into a shrimp and badis tank and some nano fish that would be awsome!

Just a tip for finding females: if it has any red, no matter how small or faint, keep looking. That may not be exact but I got 2 "females" that had extremely faint stripes that turned out to be males.

it was mail order so i think it might of been stress that killed the other one cos every one else is doing fine :( poor little thing. thanks for that tip ill try and find them locally its gonna be hard though.

Back
Top Bottom