got some questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allaboutfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
1. will adding a little chlorinated water too your tank but then 30 seconds later adding dechlorinator gonna hurt anything? i added maybe 8 cupps of water but then added dechlorinator into the tank and into the rest of the water?

2. with DIY Co2 when will you see bubbles? i just did it with a 2 liter bottle 2 cups of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of yeast, put a really small whole pocked the tubing threw, taped it bc i didnt have sealent, put on a check valve, and hooked it to an airstone, and i havent seen anything.

3. does putting miracle grow in your aquarium help alot with plants?

1. Chlorinated how? Like tap water? You can add tap water directly to a tank as long as you add enough dechlorinator to treat the full volume of the entire tank NOT just the amount of water added. I suggest, if only adding a small volume of water to add the dechlor to the water before putting it in the tank.

2. The yeast will take some time to ferment. Before fementation you have what is known as Respiration - Also known as lag time. In this stage, the yeast is reproducing to reach critical mass, which then leads to the second stage, fermentation. I have not done the whole DIY CO2 thing, but i would imagine within 24-48 hrs to see bubbles? (do not quote this, hopefully someone else will have more detail for you)

3. Um i have never head of adding miracle grow to a fish tank... i would advise against that. I would imagine it contains other ingredients which can be harmful to fish.
mmonium phosphate
Urea
Potassium chloride
Boric acid
Copper sulfate
Iron EDTA
Magnesium EDTA
Urea phosphate
Zinc sulfate
Sodium molybdate

prob not a good idea... stick to ferts that are made for a fish tank. Seachem puts out a great line.

i meant miracke gro organic and alot of people use it. i just looked at a thred where the dude used it.

Ok.. thats a different story. i have heard of a few people using the organic version... Im not sure of the ingredients list therefore i can not comment.

its more about the type and quantity of light then about the fixture.

i have a 90 gal planted tank... mix of low and med light plants of all heights...no CO2.. and im running a Hagen T5-HO 4X48" fixture with 2 hagen life-glo bulbs. on a 6 on/18 off schedule.

well they both have 24 watt bulbs so one would have 48 watts and on would have 72 watts and then a blue bulb.

what is the spectrum of light? i could have a 100 W inferred light but it wouldn't help my plants much...

something like 6700°K full spectrum bulbs would be a good place to start...they are available in 15, 20, 30 & 40 watts...

1) Im not quite sure, but i have never done it so i cant really tell
2) It will takte 30-1 hour sometimes for bubbles to start forming and then there has to be enough gas to be forced out the pipe.
3) Never used it but you can try flourish. I have heard and i have used flourish and has worked well. Also some root tablets for root feeders will help also

Back
Top Bottom