got two gouramis, advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evaunitone

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I bought a blue gourami today and a gold gourami. They're both male so I'm actually going to return the blue one tomorrow. I called the pet store and they only have males, so what should I do? Just return the blue one and only have one gourami? Are they ok by themselves? It'll be the biggest fish in the tank.

yeah it will be fine by itself, but the coloring will be more vibrant with a female or two in the tank. Take a good look at the LFS because it seems that a lot of them don't know the difference between male and female. male top fin is pointed at the rear. and the female is rounded. I like the coloring of the blue better than the gold, but that is just me. check out my pics of my male blue gourami in my images to the left.

bleh, I got a new female gold gourami and the male is now chasing her around and she already has some split fins. she's cowering at the bottom of the aquarium. What should I do?? :( :(

bleh, I got a new female gold gourami and the male is now chasing her around and she already has some split fins. she's cowering at the bottom of the aquarium. What should I do?? :( :(

How many obstacles block direct line of sight in the tank? Gouramis are well known women beaters lol Need lots of diversions plants decor etc so she can be out of his sight in a quick turn of speed.

How many obstacles block direct line of sight in the tank? Gouramis are well known women beaters lol Need lots of diversions plants decor etc so she can be out of his sight in a quick turn of speed.
Agreed, I have 2 Blue Gouramis that go after each other a little but there are no nipping signs because they are lots of retreats, obstacles, and other things they use to lose each other.

Back
Top Bottom