Gotta love tigers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco11771

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have 3 tiger barbs soon to be 7 in my 20 gal but the alfa male is in the breeder because he was beating up my cories and the others only the slightest nipping so anyway the alpha male is in the breeder and the other two are out free. Anyway since there isn't a complete school the two don't feel safe enough to be around the mid to top levels of the tank and have been sticking to the bottom. so I just looked and the two were playing with the a male through the breeder and checking him out and rubbing against the netting and have been towards the top ever since! It's amazing how smart and social they are and I love how they eat! Like little monsters

TB are certainly very social fish to members of their shoal. Wait till you add a few more and any new males you introduce will probably challenge the current alpha for top spot on the totem pole. It's humorous to see them go nose to nose and circle each other.

Just keep in mind that if any TB you introduce is smaller than the others, it may be seen as the weakest low man on the totem pole and possibly bullied. Unfortunately with TB's it happens, just part of their social structure.

Oh and yes they are VORACIOUS eaters! No flake / crisp goes untouched, my barbs ensure no food goes to waste.(y)

Back
Top Bottom