Gourami acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cartosbartos

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys just wondering what you thought about my gouramis behaviour today.

She seems to be swimming in the movement of a jolt as in swim stop, swim stop, and not just one continuous swimming motion, Seems a bit strange to me thats all since i have never seen my gourami act like this before.

I did change the water over today but added prime into the water to combat any ammonia troubles in the water. I did however also clean out the filter sponges and when i put it back together it did release some algae and waste back into the tank filling it with particles.

does anything seem out of the ordinary or have people seen this type of behaviour ?
thanks

What are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels? You'll probably first want to check those to make sure you don't have high ammonia or nitrites which can be harmful to the fish and cause them to act differently. If you know those levels post them here and we can go from there.

When you cleaned the filter media did you clean it in old tank water, new dechlorinated water, or tap water? I hope it's not tap water :)

Back
Top Bottom