Gourami and Angel Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexH

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been conducting research into whether they can be in the same tank as each other? I have seen articles saying yes and others saying no.

I would say no then. If you are finding conflicting reports, it usually means that assuming the tanks are the appropriate size, it is hit or miss if you have a friendly fish. I know I am not wording that right so I will use an example. The first dwarf gourami I had was hostile to every fish in my tank. I had a breeding pair of German Blue Rams that would fight to the death protecting their babies (male pictured in my thumbnail), so you can imagine how it all played out. But then I got another Honey Gourami that is said can be hostile, but is the most peaceful, nice, little guy you will ever meet.

It comes down to if you are okay with the risk. Could turn out wonderfully, or could become a nightmare, every fish is different. But if you do try it, make sure your tank is big enough to create space so each type of fish has their own territory. I hope this helps!

Thanks for that. I have always had Gourami and fancied some angel fiah

Thanks for that. I have always had Gourami and fancied some angel fiah
I have them together my friend for about one week now and no problem at all. The only thing I can see is that the male gouramis sometimes chase or kind of skirmish with each other. the same thing for angels with each other. It is nice to watch these little acts. no harm and no any skirmishes with the fish of the other families.

Attachments

• 1481751584322.jpg
    1481751584322.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 46
Thanks. Maybe I will try it. How bigs the tank? Roughly [emoji16]

120 by 50 by 45 centimetres, so 270 litres. rather large

It is one of those ready made Chinese tanks of RS company. we have them a lot here in Iraq. and for good price something like 300 dollars

Attachments

• 1481752710121.jpg
    1481752710121.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 1481752763165.jpg
    1481752763165.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 50
[emoji1303] I love it great tanks [emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom