Gourami and discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharksForTheSeas

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I I'm new to AA ( so if this isn't in the right area sorry) but I was wondering if discus and gourami fish get along well please respond

I wouldn't do it, discus are known to do best with schools of neons and other fish like that...

Welcome to AA! What size tank are you considering? I feel you would be better of doing a school of them with neons and sterbais Cories. Depending on the size . Hope you like the site so far!

Gouramis are active fish that shouldn't be kept with shy or nervous fish like the discus.

Ive seen discus kepts with freshwater rays and german blue rams with a school of cardinal tetras and to top it all off, angels.. Super nice setup wish i had a pic.. Idk how/why these ppl did it but its definatly not sugested to keep them with gouramis or angels for thet matter. And im not very knowledgeable on freshwater rays

Yeah angels are aggressive and would not be good with discus. Freshwater rays are from South America like discus and if the tank is big enough they can be tank mates. Rays are shy bottom feeders that won't bother the discus.

Back
Top Bottom