Gourami Compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmg05005

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'd like to stock a 40 gallon tank with a mix of Pearl, Dwarf, and Sparkling Gouramis, as well as some Denison barbs.

Would the Pearl, Dwarf, and Sparkling gouramis be ok together since its a larger tank, or should gourami species not be kept together at all.

If they can be mixed, what kind of numbers and sex ratios should I keep them in?

Thanks!

From what i have heard they should not be together they are\can be very terratorial , but a good male female ratio is good at 1:3 , 3 being females of course :)

I currently have 1 opaline gourami in a 22 gal

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_267 using Tapatalk

Even the Pearl's and Sparkling gourami? There's such a big size difference between the two...

I read the whole question wrong sorry, when it comest to blue gouramis you should only have one male per tank ( maybe 2 in a 40 gal,but dont count on it) and they dont like other fishes who look like them but maybe when it comes to size difference you'll be ok , but dwarfs should always be peaceful with their kinds no matter how many, but i think the blue gouramis(including 3-spot and opaline) are the most aggresive when it comes to gouramis , hope i helped , to be sure about the pearl gouramis there is always google :)

So I decided to drop the dwarf gourami, and go with 4 pearls(1 m, 3f) and 8 sparkling(2m, 6f).

Does this sound ok?

I have 3 Dwarf Gouramis, 2 Red Flame and one Powder Blue. They get along fine. Every once in awhile one will chase another, but no real nipping

Make sure the sparkling gourami are able to get enough food, particularly if you add any dither schoolers. They are easily outcompeted in some circumstances.

Sounds good !, may i see your tank with these fish ?:)

Back
Top Bottom