Gourami Compatibility - 30g Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
calfishguy said:
I plan on putting 2 gbr 6 dwarf rainbows and 10 neons in my 29 with a pleco and cherry shrimp.

That's an awesome tank stock i love gbr I've been trying to find gbr and cherry shrimp everywhere in my area but I'd have to drive 2 hours to get them -.-
Be sure to put up pics when you get em!

Don't count on Gouramis getting along. It may work for some, but keep a close eye. Some DGs are major fighters with each other. Honeys seem fine but others not always. Fish are individuals. They don't always behave as expected.

My friend wouldn't listen to me and put some in a 16g. Major fights. All dead from wounds.
Heavily planted helps. Larger tanks help.
They are a cousin to the Betta.

Coursair said:
Don't count on Gouramis getting along. It may work for some, but keep a close eye. Some DGs are major fighters with each other. Honeys seem fine but others not always. Fish are individuals. They don't always behave as expected.

My friend wouldn't listen to me and put some in a 16g. Major fights. All dead from wounds.
Heavily planted helps. Larger tanks help.
They are a cousin to the Betta.

Hopefully a 30s enough if they have a pearl gourami or a larger gourami I'll just get one of those instead of 3 or 2 and yeah their both labyrinth fish

Fishandmusic81 said:
Hopefully a 30s enough if they have a pearl gourami or a larger gourami I'll just get one of those instead of 3 or 2 and yeah their both labyrinth fish

Avoid any 3 Spot Gouramis of any color. I think a 30g would be too small for one. They get quite aggressive as they grow.

I suggested a Pearl as they are one of the few larger Gouramis that tend to stay peaceful IMHO.
YMMV

Coursair said:
Avoid any 3 Spot Gouramis of any color. I think a 30g would be too small for one. They get quite aggressive as they grow.

I suggested a Pearl as they are one of the few larger Gouramis that tend to stay peaceful IMHO.
YMMV

Hopefully I find a pearl what about a paradise gourami those look nice aswell

Back
Top Bottom