Gourami feeding problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi

I have 2 dwarf gourami's that are struggling to get food because of the quicker smaller fish. They are also a little timid. How can I ensure they get food?

When I first got them I put a quarter of a wafer in so it would sink to the bottom. They would pick at this and seemed to enjoy it. Problem is, I think they may have gotten used to this a bit to much now and the other fish have also sniffed out the wafers and are at risk of being over-fed having already eaten from the top.

Any thoughts?

How long have you had the gourami? It took about 3 weeks for my dwarf to learn what feeding time meant, and then he would eat from the top right along with my danios and tetras. I put in sinking wafers for my Cory cats, and I never knew my gourami to eat them, but every fish is different.

Well it's not just my gourami's that eat the wafers it's all my fish. The neons and the swordtails. I got frightened the other day when my male sword looked like it was pregnant it had eaten that much so wafers are no longer an option. The only bottom feeders I have are 2 assassin snails but those are happy eating pest snails. I guess I have only had them a few weeks and they are getting less timid. Hopefully they will eat.

Back
Top Bottom