Gourami question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whitedeer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know that I have asked before, but I have another 30 gallon tank stocking question. I have come to the thought of a pearl gourami, with threadfin rainbowfish, cherry barbs, and the dwarf chain loaches. Is this a good mix-up? I thought at first that the gourami would become aggressive but I am not sure.

Any advice is welcome :thanks:

I know that I have asked before, but I have another 30 gallon tank stocking question. I have come to the thought of a pearl gourami, with threadfin rainbowfish, cherry barbs, and the dwarf chain loaches. Is this a good mix-up? I thought at first that the gourami would become aggressive but I am not sure. Any advice is welcome :thanks:
pearl gouramis are extremely peaceful. I don't recommend keeping them alone, in your case since you don't exactly have tons of room I recommend getting a pair, male&female. Sounds like a good mix to me! Keep an eye on the dwarf loaches however, I've heard they can be scrappy but most of that is kept inside the group of loaches.

pearl gouramis are extremely peaceful. I don't recommend keeping them alone, in your case since you don't exactly have tons of room I recommend getting a pair, male&female. Sounds like a good mix to me! Keep an eye on the dwarf loaches however, I've heard they can be scrappy but most of that is kept inside the group of loaches.

Great advioce
And pearl gouramis are stunning when in full colour and finnage - males especially. Certainly one of my favourite trops

Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom