Gourami Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ringfinger

Aquarium Advice Freak
My blue gourami has one of his "feelers" broken off about halfway. It has been like this for 2 weeks, and I haven't noticed his behavior change at all except that he only uses the intact one for investigating things while keeping the injured one back. Seems happy, so my question is...will it grow back? Anyone seen it happen before?

I had an opaline that had that happen, and yes. It grew back. I don't recall how long it took, but my guy didn't seem to upset about it either.

i dont know about this for sure but wouldnt she need some medication for that just incase its a bacterial infection?

just wondering

I'm guessing one of the danios or swordtails bit it off because sometimes my tetras will do that to my gouramis. It'll grow back and should be fine.

it will grow back. sometimes they grow back a little bent, but still have full use.

ever since i got one of my gourami, both feelers were only half length. Now still the've only grown a little back. it hasn't been effected

Back
Top Bottom