Gourami tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richgurami

Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have a blue graumi in my 20 gallon tank all by himself(my friend was gna flush cause he didnt wanna him anymore so i took him). Was wondering what i could put with him and what kind of tank layout would be good for him and his tankmates. Im new to the hobby.

Tiger barbs, loaches, rainbow fish, are a few suggestions. Plecos

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tiger barbs, loaches, rainbow fish, are a few suggestions. Plecos

I definitely wouldn't put tigers in with a gourami in that tank size. For Tigers to be somewhat peaceful they need big schools in big tanks.
I don't know how well most rainbows would do in a 20g, with a gourami anyway. If it was to work try one of the bigger-small ones like thread fin or the other one who's name has completely left my mind.
If you like the look of tigers but don't like their disposition check out pentazona Barb.

Well minus the tank size yeah your correct...but they do go good together nonetheless

Well minus the tank size yeah your correct...but they do go good together nonetheless

Yup, I kept em together without issue in my old sixty for some time. Really they're not the monsters like some describe, just need to work a tank around em if you like em.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437418894.075669.jpgcan you point out the mistake I made with my first tank in this pic? This was over a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom