Gouramii Fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RyanLikesFishAndBeer said:
Do you have any pictures of your tank?

I'll take a few for you.

Also behind the wood is a huge space for em to hide :)

Edit:

Attachments

• image-1280380725.jpg
    image-1280380725.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 37
  • image-522800160.jpg
    image-522800160.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 42
  • image-986980877.jpg
    image-986980877.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 42
I have 4 plants in my current tank, which are all bulbs. Not sure if there common in many tanks.

Looks good, lots of nooks and crannies! If he doesn't calm down in a few days, you may have to rehome him, or get another tank for him. There is a difference between just chasing and actually injuring other fish. If he's not actually biting them things will probably work out on their own.

Yea, I know what you mean. But at the moment he's just moving everyone out of his way. From the looks.

I have had a lot of gourami, blue, gold, moonlight, pearl, flame, powder, opaline, kissing, ect ect. They are by far the most individually different fish I have dealt with. I have had a male opaline that was crazy nippy, and another male that got bullied to death. Same with another moonlight pair. Usually they are good community tank fish, but they usually become the alpha when they mature. I have only had 1 kill another fish, but I think it was because the other fish wasn't healthy enough to defend itself.

It's always a good idea to keep each species alone. I currently have 4 (gold, opaline, blue, moonlight) in the tank, they have coexisted for over 2 years. There is a clear pecking order being the moonlight then opaline then gold then blue. They are males from what I can tell. But it's not fighting, just warnings.

There is nothing wrong with a pecking order in the tank. If your three spot in the alpha, but not killing any other fish, and they can live happily, there's no problem. Usually they will just nipp a couple times and then call it quits. I haven't often seen constant, nonstop chasing they will kill a fish.

RyanLikesFishAndBeer said:
Yea, I know what you mean. But at the moment he's just moving everyone out of his way. From the looks.

Well, that's not too bad! As long as he doesn't hurt anyone! I'd just watch for a few days and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom