Gouramii Fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanLikesFishAndBeer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I picked up a couple Gouramii the other day, one is pink and one is blue. The blue one is very lively while the pink just looks to sulk around the tank, does this sound right?

RyanLikesFishAndBeer said:
I picked up a couple Gouramii the other day, one is pink and one is blue. The blue one is very lively while the pink just looks to sulk around the tank, does this sound right?

Any chance of a pic?

Do you know what type of gourami they are? Honey, dwarf, opaline etc?

Not very sure of what type is they are a new fish to me.

Attachments

• image-3049209099.jpg
    image-3049209099.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 61
I think the one in the picture is a Pink Kissing Gourami. Do you have one of the blue one?

Yea, the blue one is spotted and really is starting to bother me, he is harassing a few of the other fish in the tank.

Attachments

• image-1085927513.jpg
    image-1085927513.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 69
Yea, the blue one is spotted and really is starting to bother me, he is harassing a few of the other fish in the tank.

That's what they tend to do. My friend has one and it started nipping fins.

I have a dwarf gourami, they can be very territorial. Hopefully he will find a space in the tank to call his own and stop bugging everyone. They like hiding places too, little caves and stuff.

At the moment I have a 20 gallon. Do you think this is bad for the fish?

It hard for me to say really mate, I'm not the most experienced when it comes to the best tank sizes.

I'd keep a close eye on em, also do you know their sexes?

If they are both males they will be aggressive toward one another I believe

It might not be that there's not enough room for health, just that there's two gouramis in a 20 gallon, and not enough room for territory.

From what I'm understanding, the spotted one is a male, the pink one is a female.

Ok that's what I thought too but again I'm not very experienced lol.

Well the male will be aggressive and territorial, maybe try getting some plants that block lines of sight across the tank?

And maybe a few hiding spots, I used coconut shells an mopani covered in Anubias to block sight and give all my fish ample room to flee too (even though they swarm my hand when I'm in the tank lol!)

Back
Top Bottom