Gourami's!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fully stocked? I have a huge filter pumping that water and according to this site, http://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.

For future reference, I-and many others-think this is a great website-as it's very fun to mess around with and play with. And that's all it should be used for. AqAdvisor can give you a very rough estimate but nothing to be used as a general guideline, too many other things not put into consideration.

i have some kid of danios there orange and black i have 3 glo-fish and 2 guppies

So your stocking is:
4 cory cats
orange and black danios...? If you could post a pic of them it would help.
3 glofish
2 guppies

My suggestion is that you fill out the schools of fish you already have first. If you bump up the cories and glofishs' schools to six it would help them be more secure, as the more glofish you have the less they will be tempted to nip at your gourami. I'm also wondering, is it more longer than it is taller or taller than it is longer?

So your stocking is:
4 cory cats
orange and black danios...? If you could post a pic of them it would help.
3 glofish
2 guppies

My suggestion is that you fill out the schools of fish you already have first. If you bump up the cories and glofishs' schools to six it would help them be more secure, as the more glofish you have the less they will be tempted to nip at your gourami. I'm also wondering, is it more longer than it is taller or taller than it is longer?
the danio is more of like a <> shape the top fin is black and the back and bottom one is orange and the body is slightley orange..... and my fish do not nip at all the glo fish and guppies schooled together!!! they love being together so i dont think thats the problem do you know what i mean? i undertand you concirn but there truely are happy i was just woundering about the gaurami

the danio is more of like a <> shape the top fin is black and the back and bottom one is orange and the body is slightley orange..... and my fish do not nip at all the glo fish and guppies schooled together!!! they love being together so i dont think thats the problem do you know what i mean? i undertand you concirn but there truely are happy i was just woundering about the gaurami

Do those fish happen to look like this?
TigerBarbWFCy_C2593.jpg

I don't have completed schools either and all of my fish are extremely happy together. My roommate has a three spotted opilate gourami that's about 4 inches long and it looks really good with his danios and angelfish. If I were you I would get a few more cories, a nice sized(3-4) inch gourami and like bruin said finish a school. Danios are pretty cool school fish that get along with gouramis. The only thing I would worry about is your filtration.

pearl gouramis are the most peaceful gourami species.

their personality is much different to the blue/gold gourami.

I don't have any experience with the pearl but I can tell you that both my gold and roommates three spotted are very peaceful.

I don't have any experience with the pearl but I can tell you that both my gold and roommates three spotted are very peaceful.

peaceful ALONE!
there is a difference ;)

All gouramis can become territorial and aggressive towards other gouramis.
It all depends on the tank setup - the size of the tank, many hiding places, number of females present etc...

peaceful ALONE!
there is a difference ;)

All gouramis can become territorial and aggressive towards other gouramis.
It all depends on the tank setup - the size of the tank, many hiding places, number of females present etc...
hi i was looking to get a gourami for my community tank what do you recomend? i need a big beautiful colorfull one but it need to be friendley i want one to will grow to be 4-5 inch?

hi i was looking to get a gourami for my community tank what do you recomend? i need a big beautiful colorfull one but it need to be friendley i want one to will grow to be 4-5 inch?

the safest option is 1 male pearl gourami.
they grow to 4-5 inches.

they are the most peaceful and least aggressive of all the gourami species.

thanks man thats the fish i now wanna get!!! its so cool and it meets everything i want in my 1 big fish to finish of my tank!

Just have a back-up plan, you never know. The tigers could nip him or the gourami could end up being a bad seed and attack all your fish! JMO :)

Also, have some good filtration and keep up on your water chagnes!

Just have a back-up plan, you never know. The tigers could nip him or the gourami could end up being a bad seed and attack all your fish! JMO :)

Also, have some good filtration and keep up on your water chagnes!

well my fish store is very good and i can bring the fish back in 24 hours for any reason and get store credit so it the pearl dont work im gonna get a dwarf gourami and a dwarf ram cichlid

Back
Top Bottom