Gourami's!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jnthn932

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I just added a Gold Gournami to my tank and everything is fine. He shows no aggression towards any of my other fish. Now I'm ready to add a schooling fish but cant decide which one! I was thinking cardinal tetra(6) but dont know how the gourami would react. Any ideas on good schooling fish with gourami's?

gouramis are actually very peaceful community fish.
they are mainly only aggressive and territorial towards their own kind (especially males)

Tiger barbs mix well with gold gouramis aka 3-spot gouramis. One of the few fish they don't nip.

what size is your tank?

20 gallon. Ive got two mollies, two platy's and four cories as well. Didnt know barbs schooled and I thought they were aggressive.

20 gallon...
scrap the tiger barb idea. Your tank would be too small to house them.

I honestly think your tank is fully stocked.
But if you are really desperate to add more fish, you can add 1 female molly/1 female platy (so the pairs don't become aggressive towards each other)

Tiger barbs in groups of less than 5 or 6 are TERRIBLE fin nippers. I would never have them again. Gourami may be peaceful only if they are alone. My experience is they are very aggressive if you have more than one.:(

Fully stocked? I have a huge filter pumping that water and according to this site, http://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor , I've got enough room for 8 smaller fish. Idk though you might be right. I'll just have to really monitor the tank parameters. Your right Clynnking, the only reason I have one now is because my roommate has two in his tank and the fought like crazy. I love them though. Unfortunate that they cant be civil together lol.

hello i am new to this web site but i was woundering if i can have any gourami besides a dwarf its a community tank with guppies and glo fish:fish2::fish1::thanks:2

My Pearl Gourami is lovely... I love him. Right now in a 36 with a sable angle and 7 various danios who school and now school more since I added the angle and gourami from my 10 gallon tank Suday. I'm going to get a plecostomasfrom a friend - but I don't know what else either... Gonna wait a while after the pleco... It does sound like your 20 gallon is full. I agree with getting another female molly. But that may be about it :( Time for another tank!!! :)

Lol I know! I cant wait to get another. I've got my eye on a HUGE 150 gallon with stand at petsmart but its crazy expensive.

Lol I know! I cant wait to get another. I've got my eye on a HUGE 150 gallon with stand at petsmart but its crazy expensive.[

how big do they get i want to hhave 1 big beautful fish to finish off my tank but i would like a fish about4-5-6 inch but i dont want the fish to kill any of my shrimp or guppies and glo fish

My gourami is only going to be about 3 inches. If I were you i wouldnt get anything that big in a 20. How many fish do you have already?

Large fish will eat your baby mollies if they breed- actually the parents will too. I think the angels would be good at stalking little babies trying to hide.
You will have to check with other bloggers here about the plecostomas-from what I recall they should not be in a tank smaller than 55 gallon bacause they get huge. Also heard plecostomas may "suck" on other fish when they get large.

I'd put one gourami in there.Mine is only about three inches and looks great. Plus it leaves some room for more schooling fish.

I'd put one gourami in there.Mine is only about three inches and looks great. Plus it leaves some room for more schooling fish.

the thing is i wount be adding ANYmore fish after this so like i said i wanna get a gourami like a 3 spot gourami would he be okay what gourami would you recomend

Back
Top Bottom