Gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freddiefish14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! Just got a 29 gallon tank. I was just wondering your opinions on dwarf gouramis are because they are a candidate on my list. They're very colorful and sound awesome, but I wanted to get your opinions on them and good tankmates for them. thanks!

Very nice fish! redsea! Im planning on getting one myself soon for my 20 gal, with a few Black Phantom tetras (possibly) and some green cories. :)

i have 7 male dwarf gouramis and they are really great. i have 4 different colors. i have some pics of my neon blues. here they are.

no aggression EVER. i think it's because i have no female gouramis for them to fight over. i have all male fish in my tank. it's just easier that way. i don't want to have fry in my tank.

jpchin said:
no aggression EVER. i think it's because i have no female gouramis for them to fight over. i have all male fish in my tank. it's just easier that way. i don't want to have fry in my tank.

Ya that is awesome!! And they are different species?? Cool

redsea, that fish is awesome. I am so split on what type of fish for my new tank.

They are very disease prone and can die without any warning at all. I lost my male a few days ago. ;~;
He was building bubble nests and seemed perfectly healthy the day before.
I would still recommend one, they are great personalities and are a joy to keep. I would get one from a reputable LFS rather than a chain store though, you'll have better luck with longevity.
You could also consider a female as well. I love my little female, she's just as pretty as my male was.

Back
Top Bottom