Gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bwiz123

Aquarium Advice Activist
I feel my one gold g, is getting picked on all the time, no damage tho. But it's for. Two other g,s a opaline and bronze long fin, how could I resolve this

image-72480914.jpg

I have 2 gold and 3 opaline they all nip at each other, but I have never seen any damage. I would keep an eye on them though. If you see open wounds or tattered fins then you have a problem. Just make sure the one is not getting singled out. I love my gouramis. They are beautiful and fun to watch as they pick at each other. The opalines also have a talent for changing their patterns.

I know there can be some aggression when it comes to having more than one. As someone else mentioned just watch it and make sure there is no damage. I have two and they like to chase each other around but I have never noticed any fin damage or wounds. Also hiding spots are nice to have in the tank for them if there are not any already.

Ya I've read territorial issues and such but they really don't claim territories . Except one of them powder blue claims my amazon sword

Medium planted 30 long

That long tank will probably look very nice with the gouramis they like to spend a lot of time at the top. So that longer setup will give tem more swimming room.

I notice that mine always suck air, but I have good water conditions, and plenty of air. I have an appropriately sized filter and a long bubble stone lining the back. I think it is just part of their habits.

The gourami is a labyrinth fish which means it has an organ that allows it to breathe air. So that is normal. I had 3 three spotted gourami and one bullied the other two. There was no damage but the two that were picked on seemed miserable so I traded them in. I only have one now :( I love gourami, they're so beautiful so I was upset I had to get rid of them. I'm not saying you have to get rid if yours but you may want to consider it if the hidding spots don't work. Hope this helps and good luck.

I'm so tempted to switch my s.american cichlid tAnk and go to planted gourami tank with rams !

I have a pearl gourami and a giant gourami. My pearl g chases my giant g around but I noticed she didn't do it so much once I put some floating plants in the top of the tank. She likes to hang out in the middle of them and leaves my giant g alone now.

I'm liking ur idea, but floating plants block light ffor my lower plants

I'm liking ur idea, but floating plants block light ffor my lower plants

I have a planted tank also. What I did was put my floating plants in a corner area of the tank so they don't block out much light for my lower plants. I have a 55 gal long so that works pretty well for me. Here's a picture.

Attachments

• 2013-02-23 18.15.13.jpg
    2013-02-23 18.15.13.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom