Gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ummm, will I have to have a lot of hiding places, mine seems a bit shy, but he does swim around when Im no too close??? And this will defintley rule out angelfish right? If i was to have 4 or so gouramis, I jsut want 2 angelfish, they dotn have to be a pair.

Usually the males have the more intense color and the females look paler. I've had good luck keeping two males. They dance/swim in circles and their colors get pretty intense. I haven't had much trouble with them being aggressive or fighting. They're a pretty sturdy fish and usually reasonably priced. Mine are in a 90 gal tank so there's plenty of room, but I see them together most of the time. BTW, mine are dwarf gouramis.

Botia4Life said:
Ummm, will I have to have a lot of hiding places, mine seems a bit shy, but he does swim around when Im no too close??? And this will defintley rule out angelfish right? If i was to have 4 or so gouramis, I jsut want 2 angelfish, they dotn have to be a pair.
Yes, many hiding places are definitely a good idea. You don't want them to be stressed and then have no place to hide. Also, try getting very similarly sized gouramis if you can because bigger ones (especially males) usually end up bullying the smaller.
I do not know if they would be ok with the angelfish.

Back
Top Bottom