Gourami's getting grumpy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey, anyone have advice as to why my gourami seems to be getting aggressive with his tank mates? My tank is 30 g and is probably slightly overstocked, mostly small guppies , endler's, tetras, rasboras, all community fish. Had the gourami for about four months and this is the first time I've seen this behavior. Any ideas?

What's he doing ? Are there other gouramis in the tank ? What kind of gourami ?

I believe it's a Pearl gourami, it's chasing the other smaller fish, even a few Pygmy rainbows which aren't much smaller. Never seen it happen before today

That's odd, pearl gouramis are known for being docile. Is your tank over stocked in his/her region ? Maybe it's stressed, or reaching sexual maturity.

Could be, there are a lot of small schooling fish. Don't want it to " upset the apple cart"!

My golden gourami was chasing a few of my fish. After 30 seconds or so it gave up. Being alright for now.

I have tetras and guppies. According to aqadvisor my gourami is too aggressive to coexist with my tetras.

I know, depending where you look the info on Gouramis is kinda mixed!

Back
Top Bottom