Gouramis not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbimflyer

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 2 Golden brown Gouramis in my 55 Gallon their not that big yet. They are in with 4 silver dollars, 5 Tetras, one krib, 2 bigger blue Gouramis, 4 tiger barbs, 2 kuhli loaches and 1 zebra Danio(I have no idea what happened to the other 4). All my other fish I named are fine and eat very well. Anyone know why both Gouramis would not want to eat and just been treading water In place very laid back?

Also can a tire track eel go in my tank also if I start it small, or will it eat the kuhli loaches.

Are the silver dollars adults? They may be afraid of them . Also if you have floating plants it will make them more comfortable. I have a Marineland plastic bamboo plant and they love to hide in it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1426892318369.jpg
    1426892318369.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 68
Are the silver dollars adults? They may be afraid of them . Also if you have floating plants it will make them more comfortable. I have a Marineland plastic bamboo plant and they love to hide in it.

One is I think it the other 3 are smaller... I'm not sure what size silver dollar qualifies as an adult. The biggest ones body can fill my palm and I have big hands. I'll try a floating plant tho

One is I think it the other 3 are smaller... I'm not sure what size silver dollar qualifies as an adult. The biggest ones body can fill my palm and I have big hands. I'll try a floating plant tho

Also what are you feeding? My HG' s love Omega One Super Carnivore.

They may be intimidated by the Blue Gouramis. Gouramis often fight. Bullying can be very subtle. Are there plenty of floating and tall plants to break up sight lines ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They may be intimidated by the Blue Gouramis. Gouramis often fight. Bullying can be very subtle. Are there plenty of floating and tall plants to break up sight lines ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just one tall plant but no floating ones.

Tetramin tropical flakes... The blue ones eat them and my gold and blue gouramis In my other 55 Gal eat flakes too.

Tetramin tropical flakes... The blue ones eat them and my gold and blue gouramis In my other 55 Gal eat flakes too.

That eel will get over 2 feet.... I don't think it should go in your tank

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

That eel will get over 2 feet.... I don't think it should go in your tank

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

It maxes out at around 14-16 inches. Still too big for the tank. I had one and it was so tricky to feed it was ridiculous. I was using live food too that they are known to like. It eventually disappeared. Still have no idea what happened to it..

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

It maxes out at around 14-16 inches. Still too big for the tank. I had one and it was so tricky to feed it was ridiculous. I was using live food too that they are known to like. It eventually disappeared. Still have no idea what happened to it..

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

That's what I'm afraid of... It gets big and then it eats my small Cory's and etc.
So I guess not a good idea

update they are still appearing to be ok, but not really going after the food... maybe i'll try some freeze dried bloodworms.

Back
Top Bottom