Gourmai question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have some really pretty fancy guppies in my 55 with Platies mollies ghost shrimp and a mystery snail ( thinking of some swordtails too) and was wondering if a dwarf gourmai would work ? It is moderately planted with a growing in java moss background. Most fourms say no cause they can't swim fast enough or something others say its a 50/50 chance

a gourami is fine, i have one lone gourami with tetras and guppies and its fine, i don't think it will pick on the shrimp but am not sure

Many people had no problems with them, lol but the rest were trying to get them different homes. Anyone know about shrimp or snails even fry?

gourami will eat the smaller shrimps and the fry when it gets the chance. i leave my gourami in with the guppy fry so the guppy population is in check, only a few of the fry survive and grow to be adults. if you want to keep all of your fry and shrimp, then i wouldnt get a gourami, they get at least 4 inches long

Would they be ok in a 16 gal bow front? It is moderately planted with a loach and some shrimp I'll move

Edit: what if I keep the guppies in the 16 and the gourmai in the 55?

Back
Top Bottom