Gratuitous thanks and updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
On Wednesday, while attending the meeting of our local aquarium club, BrianNY and his wife Tara presented me with a surprise gift. BrianNY and his wife decided to replace the albino bristlenose pleco that I lost two weeks ago with:

Two adult albino bristlenose plecos...a mated pair! This is the male:

coolplants1002.jpg

...and the female.

coolplants1005.jpg

But that wasn't all...he also gave me 4 full grown Vals.

The tank is now a fully planted jungle:

coolplants1006.jpg

Thanks BrianNY and Tara...you guys really outdid yourself.

I saw those two plecos in person at the meeting - they are full grown and very healthy-looking. JChillin will be up to his eyeballs in BN pleco fry soon! :mrgreen:

BTW, JC - the tank looks great. Gotta love that long strand of anacharis in the back! :D

:D I'm always happy to see my spawns go to good homes. Momma Tara is especially happy and smiled when she saw the pics. Your tank is looking terrific Bill.

The key to spawning is pH. 6.8 and above. :wink: Hope you get lots of BN fry. It's fun to watch the whole thing.

You and Tara will make great grandparents! My wife made me laugh about them. When I got them home, I acclimated them really late and the tank was of course, dark...so she never got a chance to see them up close.

The next day, she called me at work to tell me that the new fish have "moustaches". She really thought that something was wrong. :D

Back
Top Bottom