Gravel or sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prefer sand, but I like cories a lot and that's what they prefer. ;)

I like gravel. Sand can be a pain sometimes. It clouds the tank sometimes and has to be rinsed forever to get it clean. Also the fish poop and food stays on top of the sand,it looks bad if you don't constantly clean it. With gravel the poop and leftover food gets hidden in the gravel, then you can just gravel vac once a week and your good to go.

If you get a higher grain, like pool filter sand, then no. It settles easy and your filter input shouldn't be that close anyways.

NYgiantsRP said:
I like gravel. Sand can be a pain sometimes. It clouds the tank sometimes and has to be rinsed forever to get it clean. Also the fish poop and food stays on top of the sand,it looks bad if you don't constantly clean it. With gravel the poop and leftover food gets hidden in the gravel, then you can just gravel vac once a week and your good to go.

x2 I didn't see this post. He's right on the money IMO.

This is 100% your personal choice. Neither is better. I prefer sand, but there's nothing wrong with gravel if that's what you want. Anyone who says one is better than the other is simply stating an opinion as a fact.

See I prefer sand, my fish are active diggers and turn the sand over alot so the plants I have in there are constantly getting new fertilizer in the form of food and poop, my tank stays cleaner and I don't get a whole lot of algae trouble, like I did with gravel

Back
Top Bottom