Gravel vacuuming?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Determinated

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!

My gravel needs vacuuming but i use the flat side marbles and these jewel type rocks fro my gravel...how do i vacuum those?

Thanks!

Hi!

My gravel needs vacuuming but i use the flat side marbles and these jewel type rocks fro my gravel...how do i vacuum those?

Thanks!

I had the same in my tank until I wanted plants. However, just take the sucking tube and 'nozzle' the stones a bit until the muck comes up. Small circular motion is the best I found. This way it doesn't really disturb things. I found that more muck is found under things! Good luck. Hope this helped!

Thanks!! Yes it does help :)

I have a plant in there, a water lilly bulb that is growing quite well, do i need to put in gravel instead? If so how do i go about doing this without restarting my cycle?

Thanks!! Yes it does help :)

I have a plant in there, a water lilly bulb that is growing quite well, do i need to put in gravel instead? If so how do i go about doing this without restarting my cycle?

You are right. You would probably have to cycle again. You could get some gravel, rinse well and put it around the plants, however!! If its doing good, don't fix whats not broke! Heidi

Back
Top Bottom