Green algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I have really been neglecting my tank. We are in the process of getting our house ready to put up for sale and I also have three boys in sports that we travel a lot with, so i have been really busy and my tank has suffered.
My stock has dwindled down a lot and since we may be moving soon I have not bought any new stock. I have a 100gallon tank that is lightly to moderately planted, Eco complete substrate, I have 12 neon tetras 4 glow light tetras 2 pristella(sp) tetras 2 corys, 1bn pleco 1clown pleco, lots of mts and a couple of assassin snails , and about 6 amono shrimp.
Now the major problem is green algae on my glass that I really have to scrub hard at even with a scraper to get rid of. Is there anything anyone can suggest to help?

Without a picture of the algae it's hard to say what you have. But the only algae that is really hard to remove is green spot algae. Run your lights only 6 hours a day and use a timer if needed. Most algae is easily removed with an algae magnet but if you have something like spot algae you often need to use a razor blade which easily scrapes it off.

Back
Top Bottom