Green corrys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jev12

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Are green Corrys genetically modified or dyed at all...or is that their natural color???

So far I've not come across a green Cory. If it's bright green then it's very unlikely to be natural.

A photo would help.

Cheers

It isn't like bright green or anything crazy I will get a couple photos when I get home...they probably are emerald corrys but they had them as green corrys at the lfs

I've seen brighter greens on Aquabid labeled as green laser corys and also orange ones. The sellers claim wild caught but I don't know.

Ok I will have to get a pic tomorrow lights are out and I don't want to freak them out by turning them on

No that's not them....here are a couple pics

Attachments

• image-1339443926.jpg
    image-1339443926.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3643577622.jpg
    image-3643577622.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 51
No those are normal emerald Cory's, remember, three emerald cories, are not Cory's, they are a different species of dwarf inches, but they top off 4-5 inches and are very active, I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than a 40 gallon for them

Brochis slendens is what species emeralds are I believe, they get larger then normal Cory's as goldfish stated.

Back
Top Bottom