Green phantom pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brospace4

Aquarium Advice Regular
How long doe it take the low fin (most likely) green phantom pleco to get bright after putting it in the tank.

Also, are there any specific things to know about them when keeping them,

Thanks.

I just got him, thanks but i already knew that but how long will that take to make it greener

Black sand or any other dark substrate plus some secure hiding areas should help bring out his colors.

Yes make sure it has plenty of hiding places and it will color up once it isn't stressed out from being introduced to a new environment

Ya i have a driftwood and lots of hiding spaces in my 55 gal, hes with a bristel nose 1/4 his size and new world cichlids a little smaller than him

Hes looks a little greener but he hasn't ate, been in here a couple days, and his eyes, belly look normal so idk why

He could be eating algae off the glass or eating on the wood...mine cleared up the algae in my tank in a couple days I was surprised

If hes eating algae why wouldnt he eat the algae wafers i put in

Because he isn't use to them yet especially considering it is most likely wild caught

Hes eating now and the greenness really shows i guess he was shy at first

Back
Top Bottom