Green Spotted Puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
My dad is going to set up our seventy five gallon that we haven't used in years. Were thinking about getting a green spotted puffer for it. We know that they are brackish fish. We just want some tips for their care. I've been doing research, and will continue, but wanted to see what your experiences and tips were here. Thanks in advance.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Oh, yes, I also know that.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

If you could find a fish called a butis butis. It could live with them. Or at least I've seen it done before.

I think it would just be a puffer tank. Can they be kept alone, or do they need more than just one?

Alone is best. They require either snails or crayfish/crabs to keep their beak worn down. Brackish of 1.005-1.010 until 3-4 inches then work towards going full marine. VERY slow growers.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom