Green spotted puffer questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey17

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, i recently got a green spotted puffer and i have some questions. Like he's still small right now about the size of a quarter, can he be ok with another puffer like a fiugre 8 puffer? I know that they can eat trumpet snails but at what size can they crush them? I gave him a really small one a little while ago and he attacked it but it didnt crack open. Also how fast do they reach adult size?

They will most likely be fine for awhile. As he gets more mature, you'll need to have him in full marine. Crush the snail before you drop it in. I'm not sure about how fast they grow.

Kim

Regarding Growth rate, I had 2 puffers that were about 1 year old and they had grown from ~1" (head to tail) to about 2.25" in roughly 1 year, being VERY well-fed.

Regarding tankmates, not many fish will survive unless they are bigger, and if you want more than one puffer get at least 3!

MTS are typically too hard-shelled to break at any age.

Last but not least, PLEASE get prepared to start a brackish tank if you want to keep him long-term. :)

I always thought it was a bunny.. opps..
I was wondering if these fish come in contact with reef areas in the wild and if they were reef safe?

Back
Top Bottom