Green terrors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BozziniINC

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone

I was wondering how aggresive green terrors are. I was planning to get another fish after i buy a second filter that is good for a 175 for my 70 gallon along with my fluval 403. Now i have an oscar that is about 5 to 6 inches and isnt very aggresive unless its feeding time

I was wondering how aggresive they are and if i got one as a juvi that it would be a problem with my oscar

BozziniINC said:
I was wondering how aggresive they are and if i got one as a juvi that it would be a problem with my oscar

I honestly wouldn't do it. How big and old is your oscar?

RAH said:
I honestly wouldn't do it. How big and old is your oscar?

I mean age not big as in size not sure what I was thinking

I have my green terror in with my tiger oscar. My gt is bout 4 inchs n my oscar pushing 8 inchs. All is well id say try to get one lk 4 or so inches. But its really going to depend on your oscar and his willingness to share the tank.

I have had a breeding pair of GT and no way can you put anything else in there with them. After the female jumped out during cleaning, and died... I put an Oscar in there, same size. It didn't work out. In fact, with the GT, the only thing I could put in the tank that they didn't tear up was a piece of slate. Good luck. would love to hear how things go out.

thomasina said:
I have had a breeding pair of GT and no way can you put anything else in there with them. After the female jumped out during cleaning, and died... I put an Oscar in there, same size. It didn't work out. In fact, with the GT, the only thing I could put in the tank that they didn't tear up was a piece of slate. Good luck. would love to hear how things go out.

I agree with you on this any thing smaller than em than they are exactlly as the name says terror. Mine seems fine with my oscar.and they've been together about a mon n a 1\2. It all depends on the fish itself. Just make sure if you decide to do it that you have a back up plan. Not all fish are the same we can only give personal experinces with them. But they are TERRORS.

Okay well any other ciclids i could do? Or any other fish? Its housed with a sengal bichir a crenichilla pike and a striped rapheal catfish

Its not only about the filters its about the fish have proper swimming room. Most ppl wud recommend a 90g at least for a oscar alone . But maybe a jd it all really depends on the fish n the ones you got already.

Jbaygurl78745 said:
I think ur stocked as it is the oscar alone can get 24 inches

Kinda off there. Only 11-13 inches average and 14-18 inches very rare. Well 14 is kinda 50/50 some say average/ I don't totally. Anyway your gt may or may not work. Imo it won't cause usually cichlids have to be raised together and that doesn't totally work.

BozziniINC said:
Okay well any other ciclids i could do? Or any other fish? Its housed with a sengal bichir a crenichilla pike and a striped rapheal catfish

I think you are stocked as well.

RAH said:
Kinda off there. Only 11-13 inches average and 14-18 inches very rare. Well 14 is kinda 50/50 some say average/ I don't totally. Anyway your gt may or may not work. Imo it won't cause usually cichlids have to be raised together and that doesn't totally work.

Yes correct sorry i have a wild caught one and was told to be prepared for up to 24.

Back
Top Bottom