Green waterr??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tntfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok there is a 65 gallon tank at my job I'm here now it has african cichilds in it two huge red parrots nd a few other assotred cichild they set up this tank and didn't care for it to much now the water is green like swamp green it has a fluval 405 nd a aquaclear 110 running but the water stays green so I replaced the water about 3 days ago nd it turned green again I have no idea wut the problem is never seen this green water like this plz help

If it were my tank, I'd change 75% water, dose prime accordingly, cut lights in half and lower feeding.

Me too!

A good vaccuuming is in order. I would also continue to do 20% changes everyday until the water stays clear. green water algae usually arises from too much dissolved fish waste in the water.

We appreciate your concern and willingness to help the fish.
Sounds like you may need to set up some kind of maint. schedule on your own.
If not, maybe look into adopting them out....they should'nt have to live like that.

We appreciate your concern and willingness to help the fish.
Sounds like you may need to set up some kind of maint. schedule on your own.
If not, maybe look into adopting them out....they should'nt have to live like that.

lol

green water is not that big of a deal bud, shouldn't take more than a week to clear up.

Back
Top Bottom