grr... problem with my mystery snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon242

Aquarium Advice Freak
Definitly not a good week. I have been busy with work (full time for the summer) and I just got a good look at my mystery snail. He doesn't have any eyes... 8O just swollen lumps where they used to be. Will they regenerate like the tenticles? I always see my anglefish stalking him but I didn't think he was doing any harm, guess I thouhgt wrong.

Angelfish tend to be harsh on the snails. THey will pick at them until they damage the shell and eat of the tenticles and eyes or what have you. If you have another tank he may be happier. As far as regenerating eyes.... I am not totally sure.... but if not, and he survives, hell be fine, they dont see well anyway, using their tentacles to get around the tank. I would almost reccommend a salt treatment, but Ill refrain from doing that as of now, as I am not sure if that is safe for snails. I hope someone else can help you better... Good luck... Just name him Ray

Ya, Applesnail.net does have alot of good info, and links to other snails sites. Im sure someone there can help you as Menagerie said. I dont know if I mentioned before, but if the angel keeps picking at his shell, he will eventually die.

Back
Top Bottom