Grreat Choice Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SumthingsFishy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wondering if anybody has any experience with these petsmart brand 7.5w heaters. I'm using it in a small 1.5 gal tank which I am cycling atm. Just wondering if they have an automatic shutoff or do I have to unplug it once it reaches temp (78°).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've used it in my betta tank. It works off the room temperature, so if you're house is warm the water will be very warm. Kept mine around 78

Sent from my 831C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've used it in my betta tank. It works off the room temperature, so if you're house is warm the water will be very warm. Kept mine around 78

Okay cool, I live in New York so it was pretty cold overnight (68°) and I unplugged the heater thinking it would make my tank too warm, only to wake up to my tank being 66° which is extremely cold. Left for school this morning and plugged the heater in. My target temp is around 78° so thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, that's the bad thing about them, can't set the temp. Very annoying.

They work well if your room temperature is pretty steady. But I got a heat wave couple of weeks ago and it raised my tank temp to 85F!!! Doesn't have automatic shut off, but the plus is they look nice.

They work well if your room temperature is pretty steady. But I got a heat wave couple of weeks ago and it raised my tank temp to 85F!!! Doesn't have automatic shut off, but the plus is they look nice.

Yeah I usually have to unplug it about 2-3 times a day depending on how warm my house is. It becomes quite the nuisance but hey, it gets the job done.

Buy one of these inexpensive timers that allows you to turn a light off and on multiple times a day (30 min increments). If you want it on 1/2 the day, alternate every 30 minutes when it is on or off. If you want it on most of the day, alternate 2 on for ever 1 off... or what ever percentage will work for you.

Okay cool, I live in New York so it was pretty cold overnight (68°) and I unplugged the heater thinking it would make my tank too warm, only to wake up to my tank being 66° which is extremely cold. Left for school this morning and plugged the heater in. My target temp is around 78° so thanks for the feedback.

It got cold in the house so you turned the heater off?

Between unplugging multiple times a day which is a huge hassle and buying a timer you might as well just dish out $20-$30 for a heater that is temp controlled

Between unplugging multiple times a day which is a huge hassle and buying a timer you might as well just dish out $20-$30 for a heater that is temp controlled

Im a college student so I guess you can say penny pinching is my profession :brows::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom