GSP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'll be receiving a gsp from s fellow member because his tank isnt large enough he'll be in a 15g just him self iknow they need bw im just wondering what else i may need to know or what to expect thank you

once they reach sexual maturity they are wich is aboutt alll i know and a friendly fyi avoid saying bump etc id hate to see you get an infraction or banned

from what ive read and understand (kinda) is at maturity they need bw to survive not sure why my reading hasn't told me why

Ohh...bw. it was already mentioned.
Well, sorry to change the direction of your post! I'm someone else will comment that knows their stuff
I believe mr limpet has a few species of puffers. Maybe you could pm him?

lol its no prob il pm him later on its 204 am for me right now my main question is can the plants i have be converted? what plants can i have in bw? and finally will the lil cutie tear all the plants up

thanks in advanced

If I remember correctly, the other member said your GSP is 1.5inch, so freshwater is ok for now. It will take approximately another 1 - 1.5 years for it to convert from freshwater to brackish and then finally marine. If you want, you could keep some java moss, marimo balls, and java ferns with the GSP during low salinity levels. Then once it needs higher level brackish water, then you won't be able to keep plants. It probably won't tear up the plants, but you will only be able to keep plants with it maybe 1 more year until it needs high brackish water.

trial and error. Add some salt, wait about 6hrs, then measure salt grade. There's no rush to do all of this because the GSP is still young. No more than .001 increase per week.

pH should also be high. When you change water, make sure the water matches the same salt grade. This is the one thing that kept me from getting brackish/salt water puffers.

if you are ever unsure, be conservative. Add it slowly, wait few hours, measure pH, and add more if needed.

Maybe you will need 2 inches of it. Or maybe you will barely need 1/4 inch of it and able to mix in other substrate.

30 gallons will probably be too small for a 6in active puffer. I'm looking at my 29gal, and I don't think a full grown GSP will have enough swimming room.

Back
Top Bottom