Guidelines to move my 10G aquarium to 65G.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mukesh.tupe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All,

I have a 10 gallon freshwater tropical tank with some platies, swordtail and zebra danios. So far fish and plants seems to be happy.

Now, I am planning to move this setup to a 65 gallon freshwater tropical tank with 6 platies (2 males/4 females), 1 male swordtail, 8 pink zebra danios, 5 pearl gouramis ( 2 males/3 females).

I need advise/guidelines on how to move existing 10g setup to 65g with existing fish with minimum disturbance and when to start adding new ones.

Thanks and have a good day!!

I would just pull the fish out, put them in containers, and temperature match them to the bigger tank. You really shouldn't have any issues. I would highly doubt you would even see a mini cycle from the move.

Match the 65 temperature to your 10. Use the filter media from your 10 and put it in your 65 filter but DO NOT wash it. I would then add the new stock over time, not all at once as it may cause a mini cycle with the increased bio load.

Match the 65 temperature to your 10. Use the filter media from your 10 and put it in your 65 filter but DO NOT wash it. I would then add the new stock over time, not all at once as it may cause a mini cycle with the increased bio load.

Agree, and if you take your time setting up the 65 gal, you can take your clean out water from your water changes in the 10 gal for a few weeks and put it into the 65 gal. Then eventually fill it the rest of the way with new water.
However, the biggest help will be the old filter.

Back
Top Bottom