Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyperson3010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I've had guppies (male) before and they all died quickly but I want to get them again as I have a bigger tank so does anyone have any tips on keeping them alive
Thanks. :) :D

Guppies should be easy. I failed when I was a kid by not changing water weekly.

Now I'm a big kid. I bought 4 a few months ago, now have 20+ at different stages of growth.

I found a bare bottom tank motivates you to clean the tank more often and choose right amount of food.

Guppies should be easy. I failed when I was a kid by not changing water weekly.

Now I'm a big kid. I bought 4 a few months ago, now have 20+ at different stages of growth.

I found a bare bottom tank motivates you to clean the tank more often and choose right amount of food.
Yep, water changes are an issue. The reason MY guppies died is because my cycle had hardly started. New tanks are a bit of trouble for them, but they can survive cycling. Just keep the water clean, feed them, and you should be fine. Also check your water parameters with a API Freshwater Master Test Kit. The test strips are more expensive in the long run and much less accurate.

Back
Top Bottom